Big truck tires belong to one of the consumables, and wear is normal. However, we have to figure out the characteristics and causes of tire wear.
The main reasons for the excessive wear of the tire shoulders are insufficient pressure of the big truck tires or overload of the big truck, which will widen the tire crown grounding mark. Besides, the middle part will be slightly arched upwards, thus causing the crown to fall on the shoulders of the tire, forming eccentric wear on both sides of the tire crown. Overloading or insufficient tire pressure will also cause fuel consumption to increase and will cause the tire to burst due to excessive temperature.
The main cause of excessive wear in the center of the tire crown is that the tire pressure is higher than the standard pressure, which increases the rigidity of the tire and reduces the contact area with the ground. In addition, as the internal temperature of the tire increases during driving, the tire pressure will continue to increase. It is likely to cause increased wear in the middle of the tire crown and cracks at the bottom of the tread.
Possible causes of eccentric wear on the inside or outside of the tire crown are:
(1) The toe-in of the front wheel is unqualified; The camber angle of the wheel is too large or too small.
(2) Big trucks frequently make sharp turns.
(3) The transposition of the front wheels of big trucks has not been carried out for a long time.
If the toe-in and camber angle of the front wheels are not up to standard, it will cause the steering wheel to produce eccentric wear. In addition, some rear axles are independent suspension axles, and there are also wheel camber angles. If it is not adjusted properly, it will also cause eccentric wear of the tires.
Tire crown wear is jagged, which is related to the toe-in. If the tire crown is jagged from the outside to the inside, it means that the toe-in of the front wheel of the big truck is too large (for the rear wheels of an independent suspension, the same is true); On the contrary, if the tire crown wear is jagged from the inside to the outside, it means that the toe-in of the front wheel of the big truck is too small. If you want to buy off road dump truck tires, contact us now.
If the tires show these two forms of wear, it means:
(1) The wheels of big trucks are in poor dynamic balance and suffer from shake during rotation.
(2) The wheel of the truck is worn loose, or the bearing of the wheel is loose and adjusted improperly.
(3) Inaccurate positioning of the front wheel.
(4) The suspension system is faulty.